This post brought to you by TRESemmé. All opinions are 100% mine.
How many of you are busy moms? Haha, okay, like pretty much ALL of you. And how many of you fight with your hair on a regular basis? Probably most of you. I do, daily. We get each other, I know.
Recently, I have come across this lovely little thing called "dry shampoo." It's magic for hair. I'm sure most of you know what it's like to speed-shower while the baby is napping, being as silent at humanly possible if only to stay in long enough to get that hair washed. Nothing like greasy, 3 day old hair to motivate you, right? Well, dry shampoo works with your hair's natural oils and are uniquely formulated to absorb excess oil and remove odor. The full line of dry shampoos rejuvenates hair without even a drop of water.
So basically that means you don't actually have to shampoo your hair to get it back to looking gorgeous. Did you catch that? No water, no soap, and no time at all to revive your hair's look and feel on days when you want (or NEED!) to skip a shampoo.
Dry shampoo can be tricky if you've never used it before, so I've enlisted the help of TRESemme and their dry shampoo experts to help me give you the best tips for working that dry shampoo. how to use
- Shake vigorously before use and between sprays for best coverage.
- Lift sections of dry hair and spray lightly at roots.
- Spray in short bursts, holding 8-12 inches from head.
- Don’t spray it like hair spray (all over and continuously).
- Leave in for 1-2 minutes.
- Use fingertips or a brush to distribute product evenly.
- If clogging occurs, remove nozzle and rinse the nozzle under warm water, then reattach.
While I've been buying dry shampoo for years from my local salon supply store, I have to say that I'm incredibly in love with the TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo line. Not only do they have dry shampoo that you can buy right in your local grocery store, but an entire line of dry-use products for a wide range of hair types and styles.
- Strengthening Dry Shampoo: The formula, with B12 vitamins and keratin, helps strengthen hair and leaves it full of healthy body.
- Volumizing Dry Shampoo: The formula, with mineral clay and citrus, removes oil while injecting hair with salon-gorgeous volume.
- Smoothing Dry Shampoo: The formula, with Vitamin H & Silk Proteins, refreshes your straight style by removing excess oil, impurities and odor to ensure your smooth look lasts.
- Moisturizing Waterless Foam Shampoo: The formula, with Witch Hazel, Citrus, and Aloe Vera, refreshes your hair by removing excess oil, impurities and odor while moisturizing hair.
For more tips and tricks, you can check out this awesome TRESemme dry shampoo v-log by Julia Allison:
Good stuff!! AND she's currently holding a giveaway for a $500 gift card to Target, so you don't want to miss out on that either, HELLO!!
Now go enjoy that extra half hour I just gave you now that you don't have to wash your hair, and...
Have a great week!!