Friday, December 3, 2010

NEW Etsy Activity stream, what do you think?

This week, etsy announced that they would be introducing an "Activity Stream" feature to everyones page.  They billed it as a "social interaction feature" to use while on the etsy site.

I have to admit, my first reaction went something like this:

"Uggghhhhhh! MORE social networking?? As if Facebook, Blogger, Twitter, and Myspace aren't enough? How can I keep up with one more thing??"

And then I checked it out.

I love it.

It shows you when someone adds your shop to their favorites, it shows you when someone adds a specific item to their favorites, it shows when someone features your items in a treasury, it shows all of your sales transactions and convos... and I haven't even scratched the surface of the "Circles" feature.

You can find it above the "Buy" tab:



So, from one huge skeptic to another, I say- it's totally worth checking out. If nothing else, it seems to be a great tool for keeping track of the traffic in and out of your store, which is ALWAYS good info to have!

Ok etsy, pat on the back... again! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...