Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thankful Thursdays- 12/30/10


Today I'm going to be a little "superficial" with my thankful post. (I'm allowed to do that once in awhile, right?) For Christmas, I got something I have been pining after for years, just never had the chance to snag myself. A KitchenAid Artisan Series Tilt-head Stand Mixer. TA-DA!


Oh wait! "Is it PURPLE?" you ask... YES! It's purple, and it totally rocks!

Among my many many interests, I absolutely LOVE to cook. As much as possible, really, and I love creating my own recipes. (My hubby has Crohn's disease, so I get plenty of opportunity to bend traditional recipes to fit his diet restrictions better!) While I have always enjoyed cooking and creating, until now I've sort of felt like I was cooking with only one arm. Sounds hard, right? Well... stunted no more! I am SO excited and have been cooking and baking up a storm.

I'm sure you're thinking, "Okay, okay, cakes and whatever... yay." Oh no no no no no. This is SO much more than just a mixer. It does amazing (if not magical) things! Look at all these attachments:


Ice cream maker, ravioli maker, pasta cutter, pasta roller, food tray, food grinder, citrus juicer, grain mill, can opener, pasta maker, sausage stuffer, rotor slicer/shredder, fruit and vegetable strainer/grinder... and the list goes on!! This is like the SUPER machine for your kitchen. I may never need anything else at all.  Needless to say, I'm excited! And thankful for such an awesome, thoughtful, personally perfect gift! (KitchenAid should hire me, LOL!)

I'm thinking of adding a "Food Day" to the blog so I can share my adventures with you all. (Of course, it would need a more clever name, who wants to read about food day? LOL) What do you think?

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL holiday yourselves, with lots and lots to be thankful for! Get ready, that new year is just around the corner!!

XOXO

  

2 comments:

Allison said...

I got the same thing for Christmas and I am in love. :)

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

Yay! Seriously, I think it actually motivates me to keep the kitchen clean. That's a feat in an of itself! LOL! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...