Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hope Rocks!!

hope - (noun) 1. a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. 2. a person or thing that may help save someone. 3. grounds for believing that something good might happen.
...


There are many occasions a person might find themselves in when they need a little hope.

While we may have the best intentions as a friend, lover, relative or neighbor to stand tall and give hope to those we care about, there are countless other moments in life where the ability to keep up hope is divine.

I would like to introduce you to my friend, Lille. She is an amazing woman: funny, caring, intelligent, inspiring, and all-around just the kind of person you would be proud to call a friend. She writes a blog called Woodstock Lily that I stumbled upon about 3 years ago, and have been reading ever since.

She has a love for both nature and people, and is one of the most positive, encouraging people that I've never met in person. :)

Several months ago, Lille found this rock while taking a walk in Santa Fe with her super sweet husband {who she calls Superman, love it!} on their honeymoon. You can read the whole story HERE.


"One word. 
Four letters. 
H O P E 
One message simple and profound.
Scribbled on an ordinary rock
lying in a bed of other ordinary rocks
with neon arrows pointing down from heaven
to signal its presence so it could be discovered
specifically by... Me.
It was as if the Universe intervened in my life
with a life changing message
that hope would always find me.
Just in time...
Just when I thought a turn around in a situation
would most likely not occur,
It did. 
I dearly love 'just in time windfalls'
and happy endings
that invariably lead to new beginnings."
{click the link to read more}



This event, while beautiful in itself, sparked her to call all of us bloggy buddies to action, creating a worldwide outpouring of hope! Hope in the form of "Hope Rocks"!


Now, clearly Lille inspires me constantly, but I loved the idea of this Hope Rocks activity. All we were asked to do was find some rocks, write the word hope on them somehow, and leave them in various places for others to find. I carry mine around in this little organza bag inside my purse so I always have a couple to leave wherever I am.


I've left them in parks, on sidewalks, at the grocery store, under trees, on top of mailboxes... you name it. You never know when someone else might need to find a little hope popping out of the blue.

Want to participate? 

Ok, go find some rocks... (or buy some... whatever works for you!)



Write, paint, scribble, or even stick-on the word "hope" along with any other decorations you like...

{I used white acrylic paint and some silver studs}

And now you're ready to spread some hope!

Now, I know for  FACT that you guys are the craftiest people I know, so I am really excited about all the beautiful things you'll be putting out into the world. Can you imagine walking through the park one day feeling down and lost and coming across something like this? I imagine it to feel like a message from above. So nice. :)

Lille has an ongoing linky party every week to showcase your sweet rocks and show her how you're spreading hope all over the world! She's keeping track of all the entries so we can see just how far hope spreads!! Just pop over to her blog, Woodstock Lily to share yours! She is so sweet, you will just love her blog, and she's so excited to see everyone's little hope rocks that she features her favorite designs from week to week. It's just an all-around "feel good" good deed!


XOXO


5 comments:

The Miller Five said...

Oh my gosh! This is so rad. I'm totally doing this. We are in the midst of moving though, so as soon as we are in our new place, this will be my first project! Thanks for sharing!

http://pinkmiller.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a stellar idea! I will definitely be doing this!

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

YAY!! I hope you guys will send me the link to your posts, I would love to see what kind of pretty hope rocks you guys create. :)

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That is a fun project. Love the rocks, and love 'hope'. I am your newest follower.
~kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Lille Diane said...

Thank you!!!! This is the coolest post ever, Rachael! In fact, I'm featuring it, and you, today on my weekly Hope Rocks post!! Your Hope Rocks are beautiful, Rachael! Simple, and elegant! Plus I love the idea of carrying them around in the organza bag! I'll have to get a sassy bag to hold mine in, too. I think every pocket of every jacket/coat I own has HR's in them! lol FYI Everyone is welcome to post their pictures of their Hope Rocks on the fan page on FaceBook. Just look for Hope Rocks and hit the like button. I'd LOVE to see everyone's pics posted there. The world needs HOPE, people need HOPE! Bless you sweetheart for an amazing post! Smooch my baby girl!! XX Birdie Mama <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...