Monday, March 7, 2011

Sharing the love with a business card swap!

~ your source for all things small-business related ~
~ want to feature YOUR shop on Merch Monday? email me! ~


I know I have mentioned this great etsy group that I am a part of, Stay at Home Moms of Etsy, but today I have a special post inspired by these awesome ladies!

First of all, Nicole at ScissorGoddess on etsy put together this really awesome idea for us all. She divided us into groups of 4 shop owners whose merchandise complimented each others. Then the members of each group mailed the others 15 business cards for their shop. {Stay with me here, lol} After all the trading was done, we each were left with 45 new business cards {3 shops, 15 cards each} to package and send out with our orders... A really fun way to share "hand picked" businesses with our buyers.

I thought it was a brilliant idea. What better marketing is there than word of mouth? Especially coming from someone who has an insight to what you're shopping for! YAY!

However, I did feel a little weird about just tossing the cards in with my shipment... people get confused. haha! So I came up with this little idea to let them know I'm doing something special just for them.



I used my handy-dandy Silhouette machine to make the tags using some leftover paper from our wedding invitations. {Yes, that was awhile ago, but I save everything! You never know when it might come in handy. Case in point. :)} And I used clear labels in Word for the text.

Next time, I would want to print directly onto the tag, but this particular paper doesn't take to printing very well so I opted for the labels. {which I had leftover from my baby shower invitations... my case just keeps getting better for saving everything! haha!}


I uploaded both the file for the labels and the Silhouette working file to Google docs so I could share them with you. It seems that Google docs re-formats things, so you will have to do some tweaking I guess. And, obviously, you would have to change the shop name for your own usage, but at least you have a starting point. :)

Link to Lables in Google Docs
Link to Silhouette file in Google Docs

Here's a quick rundown of how they came together:

Printed labels to the left, and cut pieces above. 
I cut the green about 1/4" larger than the frosted white so it would make a nice border. 


All pieced together!


Assembly line, baby!!



I also cut a couple of little slits in the top and bottom so I could 
thread some ribbon through and tie them all together. No ugly paper clips here!
 More work? Yes. But I feel like presentation is everything. 
How special to get a little ribbon wrapped package inside your box of goodies you ordered?


I hope you all find this helpful, {I know you SAHMs will!} I'm so excited about sending these out!! 

XOXO

5 comments:

Sarah @ Sarahndipities said...

That's a great idea!! I love it!

Katrina said...

This makes me want to have some money so I can order a onesie for my little girl from you! That way I can get those other cards! :)

MegOri Girls said...

Wow, you're SO creative! I love the way you tied the cards so neatly together. It is such a clever idea to bind the cards up with a note in front! I am sure whoever buying from you will feel very special! BTW, thanks for posting in my very sad looking and lonely blog :)
Lang

Mahmood said...

Amazing its very nice, creative idea.Plastic Card

Sagor Khan said...

Welcome to Bulb Blue Business Card . Bulb Blue Business Card for almost any kind of company, or even personal use. All text layers can be changed with one click. All objects can be resized without any quality loss (shapes).



Features:
Fully Layered PSD files. Fully Customizable and Editable with a click. CMYK Setting. 300 DPI High Resolution. 3.5” x 2”(3.75” x 2.25” with bleed setting). Print Ready Format.

Files Includes:
• 2 Photoshop PSD Files • 1 Readme File

Free Fonts Used:
Arial: Defualt Top-modern: http://www.dafont.com/top-modern.font

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...