Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday - 4/7/11


I'm not sure why it is that Thursday always seems to sneak up on me. It's not quite the weekend, but we're well into the week, and I'm always surprised that we're already so close to Friday. NICE surprise!

I caught the Spring cleaning bug yesterday. Usually I am not a cleaner... not voluntarily anyway, haha! But I guess it's that time of year so might as well go with it. Plus, my printer has been giving me fits this week. I'm down to one of two solutions: a) buy a new printer, b) start replacing cords and see what happens, or c) throw this one out the window and beat it with a stick until it plagues me no more. Oh, I guess there was an extra option I threw in, oops! ;) Printer is a bummer because it puts a slight hold on my shipments. I don't live near a post office, so I usually do postal carrier pick-ups with my own printed labels but I may have to make a trip to the nearest P.O. this time. Oh yeah, also... my mouse broke. Annoying!

HOWEVER! The massive cleaning and house overhaul has made for an excellent way to work out my technological frustrations! With all this whining you wouldn't think this is the "Thankful Thursday" post, but I promise, it is! Here's my list of "little things" for this week:

1. I am ever-so-thankful for a clean house. I really hate cleaning, so I'm always happy when the mood strikes me unexpectedly. I actually found Christmas wrapping paper under the couch. Yikes. I'm not completely finished yet, but I'm seeing things shape up and I love it. Who doesn't love a clean house, right?

2. Sunshine and weather in the 70's! My goodness what a beautiful week we've had! Baby A and I took advantage of the lovely weather one afternoon and popped out for an impromptu spring photo shoot.

LOVE!

3. Remember last week, and how excited I was about our family weekend? IT. WAS. BLISS.

Baby A's first trip to the Aquarium
Did I mention she's a HUGE fish nut? I mean, for a 10 month old she is surprisingly aware of every single thing having to do with fish or the ocean. She LOVED it! We saw the fish, rode the train, visited the sharks, rode the carousel, saw the white tigers... it was a blast! This little cutie kept trying to grab the fish through the glass, and giggled and giggled at the tigers. What a day. :) Mommy & Daddy's hearts were FULL.

3,b. As part of super fun family weekend, hubby cooked! YES!! All-day smoked ribs with his secret sauce... YUM-O! See them just falling off the bone? I'm STILL drooling...


4. Hubby pulled 3 new contracts so that means more work for him (downside: not having him around as much), but we are thankful that there is more and more work coming in because it helps our mind rest easier when it comes to all the "boring" parts of being a grown-up.

5. Despite his busy schedule, my sweet and very talented hubby is working on a new line of onesie designs for my Etsy shop! I am trying to come up with a clever name for it, something like "The Husband Edition" or whatever... but not that lame. HAHA! Obviously, there will be lots of designs for the boys, but he has some great girl ideas too. I cannot wait to show you guys!! :)

6. I'm not sure if I've told you guys before, but I LOVE getting mail!! Love it! I have no idea where that comes from, but it's so exciting to me. This week, I got some yummy fabric in all kinds of spring-y colors from V&Co. {Vanessa has some of the best fabric-based tutorials on her blog, and her shop sells the fabric, patterns, and kits to make them!} Also, sweet Baby A got a cute new set of jammies from her GiGi {my mom}, and the new Bambi and Tangled Blue Ray sets from Grampa {my dad}. And of course, my mom always includes a big stack of diaper/wipes/Carter's/anything-she-thinks-I-need coupons for moi. Yay!

7. The Shape of a Mother. New site I found that celebrates all those parts of ourselves that are the tell tale signs of motherhood. If you're a mom, it's definitely worth checking out. I'll be posting more about it in detail later on.

8. SUPER excited for another giveaway coming up in 2 weeks... it's a secret for now, but lots of you have been asking for it, so you got it! :)

Our OCEANBELLE "Tree of Hope" Giveaway is still going on from now through Monday, 
so if you haven't entered yet, go now! 


I hope you all are having a wonderful week, 
and have lots to be thankful for yourselves!


XOXO

2 comments:

laxsupermom said...

Yum! Those ribs look terrific! And that pic of your little one in the deep sea diver mask is just too cute! Thanks for sharing.

Meagan said...

Yay! I'm excited to see your man's designs! I have two boys so we're all about boy styles!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...