Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday & Linky Party - Cheesy Tortellini Bake

I admit, lately my culinary escapades have fallen off...

Hubby and I were talking the other day about when we first moved in this house. We had been married about 6 months, and although we really always are, right then we were especially drippy with newlywed bliss. We were both working crappy 9-5 jobs that we could easily walk away from at the end of the day, and no real responsibilities at the time.

We cooked every night.
Cooked, listened to our favorite music, and just allowed ourselves to BE.
We are both quite fond of those memories.

Of course, life changes as it has a tendency to do and we got busier and busier as the years passed. Then came the news that I was pregnant and I pretty much stopped cooking. My pregnancy was just months and months of nausea and exhaustion. I couldn't cook- it made me sick. :( So now that Baby A is getting more independent, with a pretty standard schedule from day to day, it's nice to get back in there and be myself again.

This is one of those "cheater" type recipes that I came up with one night while looking for something different for dinner. You know the types, where nothing is actually made from scratch, but the end result would make anyone think you've been slaving in the kitchen all day. I like those kinds. :) And even better: you can make it like 900 different ways depending on what kinds of ingredients you choose. So without further adieu (or babbling...), I would like to introduce you to:

The Cheesy Tortellini Bake


Here's what you need:

Pasta 
{I prefer to use filled pasta for a heartier meal. Don't like tortellini? No problem! Use what you like.}
Sauce
{I buy the cheap kind because I season it myself}
Meatballs
{totally optional, but again adds to the heartiness}
Mozzarella Cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. 
{I cook mine VERY al dente so I have room for extra bake time}
Simmer meatballs in sauce until thawed and warm.
Pour pasta into baking dish, cover with sauce/meatball mix.
Cover {liberally, of course!!} with cheese.


Put in 350 degree oven to bake for 15 min, or until cheese is melty.
Pop on the broiler to toast that cheese just until it's starting to brown.
Cool & Serve.

I also like to whip up a little Texas Toast {from the freezer section} for a little added oomph!

Ta-Da! SUPER easy dinner, and no one is the wiser. 


These are the dinners that hubby brings flowers for, haha! And seriously, you CANNOT mess this up. Have I used macaroni noodles when I had no filled pasta? YES.
Have I used string cheese when I had no "real" mozzarella? YOU BETCHA.
Just play with it, I'm sure you foodies out there can come up with some fun variations too!
.......

Now it's time to link up! What have you been working on lately? 
{or are you like me with 30 projects in the works and 0 actually finished in time for Tute Tuesday?}
Grab a button if you like, and link up below!
Can't wait to see what you've got this week!!



XOXO




1 comment:

keri @ shaken together said...

That is my kind of dinner - easy but oh-so-delicious! Guess what'll be on my shopping list this week?!

Thanks for hosting!
Keri
shakentogether.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...