Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday- 1/13/11


Hello hello! It's that time again, friends! Today I am sharing my thanks for my super-duper awesome and convenient Beaba Babycook! I don't know if any of you have one of these, but it makes feeding baby healthy, homemade food a breeze.




It steams, blends, defrosts, warms, and it's all in one nifty little gadget. I mean, I can make about 6 servings for baby in under 15 minutes. The best part is I can use fresh, organic food; cooked precisely, so it doesn't lose valuable nutrients, with NO PRESERVATIVES. I can control exactly what my baby is eating, and make her things that you just can't get from grocery store baby food.

I. LOVE. IT.

I think she does too. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there is just not a great selection of baby food in stores anyway. They may have 2 or 3 options for 1st starter foods, and you certainly can't make your own combinations of foods either. Also, like I mentioned before, it only takes 15 minutes or less, and I can then either store it in the fridge for use within 3 days, OR I can freeze it in these cool little BPA free silicone storage containers for up to 3 months, and pop out one serving at a time.


It's not just for infant purees though, it can also cook and serve, has a rice and pasta cooker attachment, as well as any other "food processor" function you can think of. I'm excited for baby A to get past the puree stage so I can really start cooking! Man, it must be nice to have a personal chef! Haha!

I've got these two books as well, which compliment the Beaba cooking method and are both chock full of information, recipes, and even tips for helping to integrate baby's eating into Mommy and Daddy's dinner time. Baby & Toddler can be found at Williams Sonoma, and the Babycook Book can be found at the Beaba website, or on Amazon. Click on the book to be directed for purchase. :)

Beaba Babycook Book

Needless to say, with all the preservatives, additives, and unknown ingredients in baby food today, it's nice to know I can provide my baby with the best head start possible. I'm just thankful someone came up with a fast, easy way to do it so I can spend more time with my little darling, and not toiling away in the kitchen all day long!

Are there things in your life that make everyday things easier? Share below!



XOXO






            

4 comments:

Lil Wildflower said...

OMG I was just looking for a good blender for making baby food for Sophia! I've been using my smoothy blender, which is just annoying. Thanks for sharing :)

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

OH I love it so much!! I cannot even tell you how much time it saves me... which as you know, is hard to come by these days! :)

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Are you kidding me? I LOVE it. Why didn't I know about this when I had a tiny one??? I will have to keep this in mind when just in case we have another one.

Thanks for stopping by the blog and loving the scarf. Fingers crossed you find something in your closet that works :)

Just Another Day in Paradise

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

I did! I found the perfect knee-length, white, belted sweater... AND I'm posting links to your tutorial on Tuesday to show my progress! :)

Thanks for stopping by Larissa! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...