Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday- 1/6/11



Today is once again Thankful Thursday. I've been sitting here in front of this blank page for over an hour now trying to figure out how to write out all the things that are swirling in my head.

As many of you know, I have been extending a request for support for sweet little Cliffy, an orphan infant in Ukraine with Down's Syndrome. I wanted to let you all know that his big fundraiser is ending tomorrow (Friday, Jan. 7th) so if you haven't popped over to lend a hand, go now! :) As Jeannett at LIFE.rearranged says, even one dollar helps! Don't think that it doesn't because it absolutely DOES!

While checking the status of Cliffy's fundraiser, I found myself reading another blog post from a woman names Adeye at No Greater Joy Mom. In this post, she recounts her experience with the orphanage in the Ukraine that she and her husband adopted their daughter from. It's quite horrifying. Honestly, the more I dig in a read about it, the more my heart breaks. I've been crying most of the morning trying to figure out what I can do personally. God knows if my husband and I thought for one second that we could be approved for an adoption like this, we would definitely be pursuing it.

I urge you all to go take a look, read their stories, and share them with as many people as you can. The best way to get these kids adopted is to spread the word. Most of them, if not adopted by their 5th birthday, will end up in an asylum for adults for the remainder of their lives. Children of any walk of life just do not deserve to live this way.

I think sometimes it's hard for us to really know how fortunate we are, and how much we truly have to be thankful for in our lives. Yes, the economy is bad. Yes, there are many who are jobless. And yes, we all have our problems and hiccups in our day-to-day life. But it could always be worse.

So today, I am asking you to go visit these blogs, and be thankful for the fortunes in your life, no matter how small you might feel that they are.

I know I am. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...