Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday - 1/27/11


photo @ www.pixadus.com


There's a very special time in the morning... the exact time changes with the seasons... but during this hour or so, the sun streams into my bathroom and bathes the tub in warm, soft sun rays. It's truly magical.

I have what you would call a "closet bathroom" I guess. It's the tub and toilet in a small room of it's own while the huge counter with sinks, cabinets, etc. is out in the open. Odd, but without this arrangement I don't think this special morning hour would be quite the same.

I don't always get to see this moment, let alone enjoy it. But this morning, Baby A slept in super late so I took full advantage! As a Mommy, I know there are just not enough hours in the day for me to pamper myself and keep up with all the little things I used to do before baby came along, so this was a real treat for me.

I imagine that it would be much like showering behind a waterfall. {you know... like in the movies} With my brown...ish flowing locks tangled cascading down my back and the sun shining through the shower curtain waterfall illuminating the boring, white tiled tub secret cave behind it.



Ok, so I've thought about this before. ;)

Regardless of the details of my silly little fantasy, it's an opportunity for me to connect with the finest hour the mornings have to offer, and certainly a rare moment of quiet solitude, relaxation, and rejuvenation... and I. LOVE. IT.

I truly believe you can find beauty in ordinary things. This is one of those moments, and for that, I am thankful today!!


XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite time is in the morning before my lovely flower wakes up as well and the sun peaks in through my bedroom window through the trees outside. I don't get this every morning either and soak it in when I do. I love your description of the tub...I mean waterfall! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...